What are some of the US trusted traveler programs and where can I get more information on them?
The Department of Homeland Security runs Trusted Traveler Programs across two main departments: Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
The CBP’s International Trusted Traveler Programs provide expedited cross-border travel for pre-approved, low risk travelers and commercial entities through dedicated lanes and kiosks across four specific areas:
- Global Entry: Travel abroad and move quickly through CBP processing when returning to the US
- NEXUS: Travel between the U.S. and Canada
- SENTRI: Travel into the U.S. from Mexico via land
- FAST: Import commercial shipments between U.S./Mexico or U.S./Canada
The TSA’s Domestic Trusted Traveler Program – TSA Pre-Check - can be applied for separately, but is accessible by eligible members of Global Entry, NEXUS and SENTRI:
- TSA Pre-Check: Domestic expedited screening process that allows eligible travelers to move more quickly through security without removing shoes, laptops, liquids, belts and light jackets etc.
Have a question? Contact Us